Job Standard for Multimedia Specialist
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Multimedia Specialist Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75528
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Marketing & Communications
- Function: Creative Services
This position conceptualizes, processes, and produces audio, video, animations, and interactive multimedia collateral for a variety of audiences, platforms, and outcomes.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess graphic design, typography, video, and multimedia development skills.
- Apply experience and knowledge: with best practices to create accessible web sites and multimedia collateral.
- Complete and balance multiple projects demonstrating strong conceptual and analytical skills, planning abilities, and sound judgment.
- Knowledge of search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns, search engine optimization (SEO), and optimized content writing best practices.
- Willingly, effectively and proactively communicate and collaborate with colleagues, supervisors and stakeholders.
- Must be familiar with current digital best practices and be able to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies.
- Knowledge about developing and implementing communication and marketing plans.
- Ability to provide effective customer-service and to actively listen and appropriately respond to colleague, stakeholder and supervisor needs/requests.
- Possesses social perceptiveness and orientation to facilitate diverse, inclusive and culturally sensitive working and learning environments to serve global audiences.
60% of Time the Multimedia Specialist must:
- Apply visual design best practice principles to the design and development of static and interactive elements (graphics, videos, animations, interactive simulations, etc.), while maintaining university branding/graphics standards.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects to reach targets, staying on schedule and on budget.
- Understand and maintain the branding identity strategy for programs.
- Create multimedia content for a variety of media platforms.
- Record and edit video and audio and provide direction/assistance to students who assist with video editing and export.
- Perform usability testing and quality assurance of media elements used across platforms. Ensure media is accessible for all users, including those with disabilities.
- Provide initial conception (storyboarding, etc.) and estimates for media development. Develop layout and concept designs for approvals.
- Collaborate closely with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, on all aspects of projects, including planning, content, production level and platforms, turnaround time, corrections, approvals and project estimates.
- Leverage analytics to determine the effectiveness of activities and make continual improvements.
35% of Time the Multimedia Specialist must:
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Multimedia Specialist must:
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Multimedia Specialist
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.