Job Standard for Office Services Supervisor 2
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Office Services Supervisor 2 Overview
- Person Group: Classified
- Job Code: 1101
- Pay Grade: K
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Supervisor 2
- Family: General Administration
- Function: Administrative Support
To supervise multiple office support work units; hire, train, and evaluate support staff; plan, coordinate, and oversee the day-to-day operations; perform related work.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees. Functions as advisor to unit and administration. Analyzes and resolves problems, interprets policies and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
Good knowledge of: office support functions.
Experience: supervising staff; interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services; assessing work procedures and developing or modifying those procedures as needed; independently solving problems/performing liaison activities to deal with individuals or resolve conflicts in a work setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Some positions experience: processing, approving, and reviewing for accuracy personnel actions on the Idaho Paperless On-line Personnel System (IPOPS); interpreting, applying, and explaining personnel, payroll, and benefit regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Some knowledge of personnel administration.
60% of Time the Office Services Supervisor 2 must:
- Supervises multiple programs or work units. At this level incumbents perform work of a highly complex nature requiring a broad knowledge of a variety of programs.
- Incumbents perform work of unusual difficulty. They serve as a program expert which requires in-depth knowledge and independent judgment in the application and interpretation of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. They share this expertise with staff and management as a technical advisor and by providing direction to employees. Incumbents have the authority, knowledge and judgment to devise solutions that may fall outside existing policies and procedures.
- Incumbents have decision making responsibility and authority to develop and implement new methods, procedures, or strategies to solve work problems and improve productivity. They assess office needs and make recommendations to management regarding equipment, space, and staff requirements.
- Incumbents supervise support staff of multiple work units which may include lower level supervisors. They ensure effective work flow, operational consistency, and integration of work units and are accountable for the work performed. Incumbents evaluate, train, and direct support staff by developing expectations, objectives, and counseling employees. They determine training needs and recommend training programs.
35% of Time the Office Services Supervisor 2
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Office Services Supervisor 2
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Office Services Supervisor 2
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.