Job Standard for Office Specialist 2
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Office Specialist 2 Overview
- Person Group: Classified
- Job Code: 01239
- Pay Grade: G
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Level 2
- Family: General Administration
- Function: Administrative Support
To provide a variety of office support or secretarial functions which require an in-depth knowledge of assigned program areas; perform related work.
Applies skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area of specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision.
Good knowledge of: rules of effective business English usage, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Experience: using alphabetical, numerical, or subject filing systems to include determining file names, setting up new files, classifying, labeling, filing, and retrieving; reviewing documents for compliance with established procedures; using a computer to enter and retrieve information; answering a business telephone using knowledge of business telephone procedures and etiquette.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of multiple procedures and program guidelines to make decisions. Decisions cover a variety of tasks.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer operations to complete daily assignments. May include experience operating work processing equipment and software, spreadsheet software, database, accounts payable or receivable, using basic math skills.
- Some knowledge of supervision, bookkeeping, research
60% of Time the Office Specialist 2 must:
- Perform office support functions using independent judgement in applying existing policies and procedures to complete assignments.
- Respond to non-routine inquiries and explain department services, policies, procedures, and rationale for decisions to customers.
- Data entry, create documents and mass mailings
- May supervise staff or have leadwork responsibilities
35% of Time the Office Specialist 2
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Office Specialist 2
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Office Specialist 2
Administrative Assistant 1, Customer Service Representative 2, Financial Support Technician 2
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.