Job Standard for Online Program, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Online Program Senior Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75894
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
Oversees the coordination and administration of an online program including but not limited to planning, organizing, scheduling, budgeting, and leading program activities.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area..
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent plus 5 years experience including 1 managerial
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work positively and effectively with multiple internal and external partners and clients.
- Able to analyze, resolve, and develop long-term solutions to a wide variety of complex and unpredictable problems.
- Handling difficult and sensitive situations, using sound, independent judgment within general policy and legal guidelines.
- Strong personal initiative. Approach new needs with creativity.
- Fiscal management skills. Highly accurate with a large number of details.
- Able to develop program activities, goals and objectives; create program evaluation tools and evaluate the effectiveness of the program.
- Have familiarity, knowledge, and passion for finding the best practices in higher education.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive, collaborative, respect-based relationships with co-workers, customers, and stakeholders within and outside of Boise State.
60% of Time the Online Program Senior Manager must:
- Plan the delivery of the overall program in accordance with the mission and goals of the institution, college, and department
- Ensure work effectiveness, efficiency, accuracy, and productivity through continuous evaluation and improvement of internal processes and workflows, and ensure that university policies and procedures are adhered to.
- In collaboration with program leaders, develop and implement long-term goals and objectives for the program
- Enforce the guidelines established for the online program to ensure courses are developed with consistency to provide students in the program with a cohesive online learning experience.
- Assist in the setup of courses of the program, and also assist in identifying the faculty who will teach the courses.
- Manage course scheduling process which involves creation and maintenance of operating procedures.
- Work to develop a professional development plan with annual goals to accomplish the plan. Actively pursue excellence, effectiveness, and efficiency.
35% of Time the Online Program Senior Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Online Program Senior Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.