Job Standard for OSP Post-Award, Assistant Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
OSP Post-Award, Assistant Director Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75449
- Pay Grade: P13
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Assistant Director
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Research Administration
This position is responsible for the oversight of both the day-to-day activities in post award fiscal administration and significant financial data collection and reporting tasks.
Manages a large team typically consisting of both experienced professionals and subordinate Managers. Focuses on tactical and operational plans with short to mid-term focus; significant responsibility to achieve broadly stated goals through subordinate Managers. Determines objectives, directs programs, develops strategies and policies, manages human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a high degree of autonomy. Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project or program teams in one department/job family. Proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Determines campus strategies for a program with campus wide impact.
Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years experience or equivalent including 3 year managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of ethics and confidentiality principles and practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, multitask and complete tasks with multiple interruptions and distractions.
- Knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Federal regulations governing cost principles and research compliance for educational institutions.
- Experience interpreting, explaining and applying laws, regulations and policies
- Experience monitoring and evaluating transactions for compliance with federal circulars
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
60% of Time the OPS Post-Award, Assistant Director must:
- Act as primary point of contact for external auditors on A 133-Single Audit and coordinate other audits as needed
- Prepare annual financial reports such as the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards.
- Collaborate with personnel in Finance and Administration to prepare sponsored project related elements of University financial statements and year end activities
- Work with faculty, research staff and financial administrators to evaluate current post award fiscal policies and procedures and revise when necessary.
- Coordinate and provide training of OSP and university staff on financial administration topics.
- Analyze costs for allowability, reasonableness, and allocability
- Supervise staff who review and approve journal entries to ensure accuracy and compliance with the University’s cost transfer guidelines
- Participate in assessments of needs of post-award administration
35% of Time the OSP Post-Award, Assistant Director
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the OSP Post-Award, Assistant Director
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requires wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for OSP Post-Award, Assistant Director
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.