Job Standard for Outreach Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#.
Outreach Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75686
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Performing Arts
- Function: Venue Services
The purpose of this position is to continue to develop and maintain outreach programs, these components become important to the growth of the venue and a valuable resource for the community.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Computer skills, including Word, Excel, Peoplesoft, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and general office skills.
- Problem-solving and excellent customer relations ability.
- Strong public relations skills.
- Knowledge of marketing and promotion.
- Independent decision-making and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and collaborate with others
- Must have the skills to communicate effectively and follow through with priorities.
60% of the Time the Outreach Coordinator must:
- Maintain and administer current education programming including any summer camps
- Maintain distribution lists and distribute complimentary tickets to patrons and children in need.
- Provide tours to the community on an as needed basis. Seek out new tour opportunities to help spread the mission of the Venue.
- Establish and develop a comprehensive internship program
- Develop, distribute and track all marketing needs for education and outreach programs.
- Develop or acquire study guides for programs.
- Continue to develop active partnerships with community leaders, service groups
- Provide customer service support in responding to current program information, venue questions, complaints, etc.
- Maintain accurate records and electronic files for education and outreach efforts.
- Update outreach and education information as needed with website coordinator.
- Provide additional support to Marketing as needed.
- Other office support as needed.
35% of the Time the Outreach Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of the Time the Outreach Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. General office work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
May be required to travel with overnight stays for training and/or meetings.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.