Job Standard for Parking & Transportation Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Parking & Transportation Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75756
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Campus Planning & Facilities
- Function: Parking & Transportation
This position supports and manages aspects of the transportation and parking operations on campus and at off-site facilities.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to organize processes and people
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions and problem solve
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment and foster a teamwork atmosphere.
- Ability to maintain current, accurate documentation and comply with all Federal, State and local regulations, Boise State policies and procedures, and relevant industry standards.
- Knowledge, skill and competency in working with diverse populations
- Ability to respond appropriately and in a timely manner to emergencies and crisis situations
- Skilled at providing workshops, training, and outreach programs
60% of Time the Parking & Transportation Manager
- Provides leadership and management
- Manages employee scheduling, work assignments, communication, and personnel development.
- Evaluates employees performance, gives regular feedback, and conducts annual performance reviews.
- Monitors work activities to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards, policies and procedures.
- Oversees budget
- Lead the development of new programs, policies and other special assignments related to the event parking operations as needed.
- Manages the program and operations for the Boise State campus and off-site locations
- Design educational staff training modules that include detailed job orientation at the start of employment as well as through regular staff meetings and ongoing training to ensure regulatory compliance.
35% of Time the Parking & Transportation Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Parking & Transportation Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
As needed for training
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.