Job Standard for Parking & Transportation, Supervisor
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Parking & Transportation, Supervisor Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75518
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Supervisor
- Family: Campus Planning & Facilities
- Function: Parking and Transportation
Oversee the Parking & Transportation units. Supervise parking enforcement and collection activities, ensuring proper staffing, proper and consistent enforcement and collection practices to ensure quality customer service to all campus partners and guests
Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of operational or technical employees. Sets and delegates day-to-day tasks to achieve operational objectives. A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks related to the unit; however, supervisory activities must constitute a primary part of the job. Supervises unit operations to ensure compliance with departmental or campus policies, procedures, and defined internal controls. Problems typically involve a single area, process or constituent group. Ensures accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental standards and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to be self motivated, work independently and as a team
- Experience in dispute resolution and customer relations
- Knowledge of supervisory practices.
60% of Time the Parking & Transportation, Supervisor
- Oversee and train staff in the updating and maintaining of account records including vehicle information, collections, etc.
- Coordinate parking inventory management through initial permit sales and waitlist systems.
- Maintain and manage daily cash drawer(s) and cash fund for permit sale transactions and citation and event payments.
- Develop and coordinate the carpool permits, schedules and program, maintain proper inventory of all permits, supplies, and brochures
- Schedule and oversee daily operation
- Hire temporary staff as needed, update and maintain accurate training materials for staff
- Schedule and oversee timely campus communications and notifications regarding parking regulations and changes Make recommendations and implement social media best practices.
- Research, compile and present other data as requested
35% of Time the Parking & Transportation, Supervisor
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Parking & Transportation, Supervisor
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Will travel as necessary
Parking & Transportation, Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.