Job Standard for Process Improvement Analyst, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and cannot be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Process Improvement Analyst, Senior Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75149
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Business Process & Improvement
Serves as a consultant for departments and units evaluating, planning, and implementing improvements in processes, practices and organizational effectiveness. This position focuses on the people side of adopting changes required to realize efficiencies in the operation.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding strategy, policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience or equivalent progressive professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven experience in process improvement, leading and facilitating projects with a record of successful implementation.
- Experience using process improvement or project management methodologies
- Broad strategic thinker, with a clear vision and direction of world class change management
- Excellent presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written
- Successful working independently and as part of a team
- Experience conducting employee focus groups to complement quantitative surveys
- Demonstrated ability to help leaders determine links between organizational culture, strategic initiatives, and talent
- Excellent communication skills with the demonstrated ability to strike the right tone and select the best medium of messaging
- A self-starter, driven by a standard of excellence
- Commitment to lifelong learning through continual improvement, researching/studying disciplines relevant to this position
- Strong interpersonal capabilities and ability to work cross-functionally with other leaders on sensitive and/or emotional issues
60% of Time the Process Improvement Analyst, Senior must:
- Identify, plan and implement key projects to improve quality, reduce costs, increase productivity and improve cycle time by reducing wasted time, rework, etc. resulting in significant business improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Provide management with project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on key responsibilities and objectives. Preparation of monthly project scorecard reports, including visual project scorecard.
- Actively lead projects and provide individual contributions after key projects have been identified.
- Demonstrate thought leadership through participation or leadership of stakeholder/advisory groups and presentations
- Consults with leaders and teams across the campus to identify, diagnose, and problem solve organizational development and effectiveness problems and solutions. Implements work group intervention strategies. Create team processes for optimizing results.
- May supervise staff or have lead work responsibilities
35% of Time the Process Improvement Analyst, Senior
Determined by department needs.
5% of Time the Process Improvement Analyst, Senior
Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Process Improvement Analyst, Senior
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.