Job Standard for Professional Development Coordinator, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Professional Development Coord, Sr Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75006
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Instructional Services
Develop and coordinate institutional professional development programs and events, and facilitate the development and delivery of workshops that serve the professional, educational, and training needs of the University; provide resource materials to faculty and staff; and monitor professional development budgets.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to coordinate the activities of a comprehensive professional development program;
- Ability to perform difficult, complex and detailed planning, reporting and communicating with multiple constituency groups, senior management, and outside entities.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and take appropriate action; identify problems and recommend solutions.
60% of Time the Prof Dev Coord, Sr must:
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, or consultations with managers or instructors
- Design and create training manuals, online learning modules, and course materials
- Perform administrative tasks such as monitoring costs, scheduling classes, setting up systems and equipment, and coordinating enrollment
- Monitor and evaluate training programs to ensure they are current and effective
- Deliver training to employees using a variety of instructional techniques
- Provide resources for professional development activities.
- Participate in meetings, workshops and seminars for conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Research a variety of information (such as courses, materials, training consultants, so forth) to develop new programs that meet staff training needs.
- Respond to inquiries to resolve problems, providing information and/or referring to appropriate personnel.
35% of Time the Prof Dev Coord, Sr
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Prof Dev Coord, Sr
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Professional Development, Director
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.