Job Standard for Project Coordinator, Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Project Coordinator, Associate Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75606
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Information Technology
- Function: Project Management
Responsible for monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures
60% of Time the Project Coordinator, Associate must:
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings.
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensure project deadlines are met.
- Determine project changes.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Undertake project tasks as required.
- Develop project strategies.
- Ensure projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
35% of Time the Project Coordinator, Associate
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Project Coordinator, Associate
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.