Job Standard for Quality Assurance Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Quality Assurance Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75615
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Instructional Services
Edit online materials for clarity, consistency of style, grammar, spelling, appropriate references and copyright information. Responsible for functionality, consistency, navigation, accessibility and usability testing of online course content. Review interface design and content materials for compliance with copyright, and accessibility guidelines.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- One (1) or more years’ experience editing and reviewing the quality of online content and materials
- Demonstrated knowledge of the online learning environment, with a proven track record of meeting deadlines.
- Experience in testing the functionality and usability of online content.
- Experience in providing a high-level of detail while editing online content for grammar, style, voice, consistency, clarity, etc.
- Proficiency in both PC and Mac environments.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, great attention to detail, the ability to work effectively as part of a team, and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with evaluating and implementing quality assurance tools and processes.
- A thorough understanding of the online learning environment, including familiarity with at least one learning management system (Blackboard, etc.)
60% of Time the Quality Assurance Coordinator must:
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development and maintenance of an effective quality assurance model for online courses.
- Work with Instructional Design Consultants and Production Team members to implement and improve accessibility standards and processes for online courses and programs.
- Produce regular quality assurance reports for internal distribution
- Assist in the training of student workers in quality assurance tasks
- Complete course reviews based on copyright compliance, accessibility guidelines, as well as for typographical and grammatical errors after the development process (or provides oversight of contracted persons for this review).
- Plan, design and evaluate procedures for quality-assurance review of online curriculum.
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative, respect-based relationships with co-workers, clients, and stakeholders within and outside of Boise State.
- Flexibility in adapting to a fast-changing environment to meet the needs of the department and the priorities of the university. Work with supervisor to periodically review, update and modify job description as needed.
- Work with supervisor to develop a professional development plan with annual goals to accomplish the plan. Actively pursue excellence, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Identify emerging trends that add value to the work, incorporate them or recommend improvements, and strive to ensure that Boise State’s practices are current.
35% of Time the Quality Assurance Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Quality Assurance Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Quality Assurance Coordinator
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.