Job Standard for Recruiting/Player Personnel Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Recruiting/Player Personnel Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code:75107
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Service
This position will act as the Director of Recruiting Relations and Player Personnel overseeing the entire football recruiting operation.. This position will coordinate all on-campus recruiting functions for potential football student-athletes and will handle all inquiries about Boise State Football recruiting from the public.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of areas typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA Rules – This position shall have a strong working knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues.
- Football experience – This position must have football coaching experience and/or playing experience and/or administrative experience.
- Recruiting – The ability to compare and organize prospects into priority lists. Maintain correspondence with a large number of prospects: e-mail, letters, phone.
- Communication Skills – This position is expected to have a high level of communication skills and the ability to work well with many people.
- Computer skills – This position is expected to have computer literacy.
60% of Time the Recruiting/Player Personnel Coordinator must:
- Manage player personnel organization including recruiting boards and depth charts for the current team roster.
- Roster organization relating to scholarship numbers, walk-on numbers and yearly counters in relation to NCAA rules.
- Regular communication with the Athletic Department Compliance Office and understanding of NCAA and University Admissions rules and regulations.
- High school football liaison for the department; manage and oversee the walk-on program and all unofficial visits as well as maintain high school scores and call sheets.
- Assistant Director of Recruiting to maintain recruiting software, monitor the various recruiting services (Scout/Rival/ESPN), analyze national recruiting trends and research/review each area with all designated and unsolicited prospective student-athletes.
- Provide top prospects and recruit lists to coaching staff and area recruiter.
- Host recruits on all official visits including campus/city tours, academic meetings, position meetings, head coaches meetings, coordination of flights and hotels, airport/hotel pick up and drop offs, selection of student-athlete hosts, Academic Breakfast and organization of meals with budget considerations.
- Oversee and manage recruiting intern room for film evaluation and recruiting operations
- Manage and Oversee Graduate Assistant or Temp position for On Campus Recruiting
- Manage and Oversee Graduate Assistant for Player Personnel
- Work closely with Coaching Staff Recruiting Liaison in management of recruiting staff
35% of Time the Recruiting/Player Personnel Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Recruiting/Player Personnel Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
This position will be required to travel and work nights and weekends regularly.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.