Job Standard for Recruitment Manager, Extended Studies
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Recruitment Manager, Extended Studies Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75430
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Recruitment & Admissions
Manages the team responsible for recruiting prospective students to online programs. Manages all recruitment processes related to prospective student progression through the Admission cycle starting with lead generation. The Recruitment Manager will create effective partnerships with staff from the Enrollment and Student Success team in Extended Studies and academic departments to create a cohesive, transparent experience for online and flex students from the time of inquiry to program admission.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong understanding of advising and recruitment, especially for online and non-traditional students is essential to provide the level of expertise, mentorship, training and support required for this position.
- Proven success in online student recruitment and student support efforts.
- Demonstrated leadership of workgroups to coordinate efforts and advance toward goals.
- Ability to successfully develop and maintain positive, collaborative, respect-based relationships with direct reports, co-workers, customers, partner offices and stakeholders.
- Proven experience in completing and balancing multiple work projects, respond with adaptability to rapidly changing priorities, and work well under pressure.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment for interpreting and applying broad guidelines and principles.
60% of Time the Recruitment Manager must:
- Train, mentor, and directly supervise Student Success Coaches who work with prospective online students.
- Manage and coordinate recruitment activities for online and flex programs as assigned.
- Be proficient in student recruitment and university policies and processes and serve as the primary point of contact for day to day student success coach needs.
- Monitor available data to ensure that student outreach activities are producing desired outcomes by tracking, evaluating and measuring results to continuously improve communication plans and team processes.
- Problem solve a variety of student related issues that will involve interpreting University policies and procedures, fact-finding, communicating with field experts, creating options, and deciding final action.
- Take a leadership role in the overall documentation of student recruitment communication, recruitment funnel stage progress tracking and assist in developing best practices for tracking timelines, documentation methods and troubleshooting.
35% of Time the Recruitment Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Recruitment Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Recruitment Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.