Job Standard for Regional Alumni Programs, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Regional Alumni Programs, Senior Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75427
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level:Senior
- Family: External
- Function: Alumni
This position is a key member of the alumni team who is responsible for leading the development and growth of Boise State’s in-state and out-of-state alumni engagement efforts using relevant chapter, network and affinity formats; identify, recruit, train, deploy, monitor and nurture key volunteer leaders to extend the reach of the Boise State alumni network; and help coordinate the online community.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years experience or relevant professional experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in alumni relations
- Demonstrated track record of success in relationship building
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to balance multiple tasks, constituencies, timelines, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work and excel in a team environment
- Knowledge of the internet and on-line technology
- Ability to travel
60% of Time the Regional Alumni Programs, Senior
- Grow the alumni network using relevant vehicles: chapters,networks, affinity groups and ambassadors
- Maintain participation records to establish qualitative metrics
- Promote alumni membership and participation
- Travel when necessary
- Identify, recruit, train, deploy, monitor, and nurture volunteer leaders
- Maintain regular communication with key individuals and leaders
- Communicate appropriate expectations and assist with ongoing succession planning
- Assist in creating events in key geo-areas supported by chapters/networks/affinity groups
- Utilize web tools to create engagement in non-key geo-areas
- Create partnership events with key on campus entities where able
- Travel when necessary
35% of Time the Regional Alumni Programs, Senior
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Regional Alumni Programs, Senior
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Some Travel when necessary
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.