Job Standard for Registration, Assistant Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Registration, Assistant Director Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75371
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Assistant Director
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Registrar & Records
This position provides assistance to the Registrar in all office functions and the overall management of the Registrar’s Office. Additionally this position assists in planning for and implementation of software solutions, training, development and maintenance of training and procedures manuals and systems, and represents the office on university committees.
Manages a large team typically consisting of both experienced professionals and subordinate Managers. Focuses on tactical and operational plans with short to mid term focus; significant responsibility to achieve broadly stated goals through subordinate Managers. Determines objectives, directs programs, develops strategies and policies, manages human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a high degree of autonomy. Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead a project or program teams in one dept/job family. Proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Determines campus strategies for a program with campus wide impact.
Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years experience or equivalent including 3 years managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have the ability to envision, manage and oversee implementation of state-of-the-art computer systems and pursue other innovative service enhancements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex student information systems.
- A strong background in data management, reporting and extensive experience in relational databases is necessary in the role of Associate Registrar. The incumbent must be able to exhibit a thorough understanding of student information systems and reporting tools as they relate to the work of the Registrar’s Office and the college in general.
- Ability to plan and implement technological change.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to define and solve problems as related to office operations and computer systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated abilities to be a proactive leader at a dynamic university
- Demonstrated organizational skills and abilities in managing multiple tasks and timelines.
- Demonstrated student-centered philosophy and commitment to the principles and practices of customer service.
- Ability to present to audiences of various sizes and mix and the ability to work with diverse groups of individuals across the University.
- Excellent staff management skills.
60% of Time the Registration, Assistant Director must:
- Assist in interpretation and enforcement of university policies, rules and federal regulations that relate to academic standards, enrollment and student academic records. This position provides back-up in absence or unavailability of the Registrar for interpretation of these rules and regulations to individual students and situations with differing circumstances.
- Analyzes, plans and recommends software solutions for the Registrar’s Office.
- Oversees the maintenance and design of the Registrar’s Office presence on the World Wide Web and other social media.
- Oversees the reporting responsibilities of the Registrar’s Office, to include the distribution of information about students, faculty and classes to departments across campus and entities off campus. This requires an in-depth knowledge of PeopleSoft and registrar office processes.
- Provide the Registrar with assistance in meeting departmental and institutional goals.
- Is Registrar in his/her absence and represents the office in various forums throughout the university.
35% of Time the Registration, Assistant Director
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Registration, Assistant Director
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.