Job Standard for Registration Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Registration Director Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75374
- Pay Grade: P13
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Director
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Registrar & Records
This position is responsible for enforcement and interpretation of university policies and rules, and federal regulations that relate to academic standards, enrollment and student academic records; and the overall management of the Registrar’s Office.
Oversees through subordinate Managers a large, complex organization with multiple functional disciplines/occupations, OR manages a program, regardless of size, that has critical impact upon the campus. Significant responsibility for formulating and administering policies and programs, manages significant human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a very high degree of autonomy. Frequently influences business decisions made by senior leadership. Oversees through subordinate Managers the accountability and stewardship of campus resources and the development of systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Negotiates and influences others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years experience or equivalent including 5 years managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the Registrar’s Office business practices/processes.
- Knowledge of transfer/test/other credit rules and regulations, including but not limited to ACE guidelines.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of University policy and procedures as they relate to academic records.
- Ability to troubleshoot and make decisions.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people across campus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated abilities to be a proactive leader at a dynamic university.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and abilities in managing multiple tasks and timelines.
- Demonstrated student-centered philosophy and commitment to the principles and practices of customer service.
60% of Time the Registration Director must:
- Responsible for the entire Registrar’s Office operations, including staff hiring, assessment of training needs, training or arranging appropriate training, on-going mentoring of staff, development and enforcement of office policies, disciplinary actions, and merit recommendations.
- Serves as a member or chair of several standing committees within the University as well as a myriad of ad hoc committees to represent the functions and interests of the office.
- Interpret and enforce university policies, rules and federal regulations that relate to academic standards, student academic records, and NCAA compliance.
- Serves as NCAA Academic Compliance Coordinator and oversees academic compliance for all University student athletes. Coordinates with the Athletic department in regards to recruiting and retention of student athletes. Signing authority for all athletic participation.
- Department expert on NCAA and Mountain West academic regulations and requirements.
- Responsible for elevated academic records issues related to student athletes.
- Managerial responsibility for maintaining the integrity of degrees awarded by Boise State University by ensuring that all graduates adhere to University policy and procedure governing graduation and verifying the posting of over 4000 degrees annually.
- Manages transfer credit and university wide articulation agreements. Coordinates with academic departments to insure proper evaluation of credit
- Administrator of TES system for university transfer equivalencies.
- Produces the commencement program and commencement newsletter. Oversees volunteers for set-up and clean-up of commencement ceremonies
- Coordinates all communications with students regarding commencement.Maintains commencement website.
- As the area expert, provides individualized training on Academic Advisement report and transfer credit to academic departments and Advising and Academic Support Center (AASC).
- Oversees the curriculum/catalog development processes.
- Acts as a liaison to Academic Affairs to coordinate implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures relating to this area.
- Involvement with all enhancement or modification of current systems. Including, but not limited to, the academic advisement module, graduation reporting, transfer credit equivalencies, degree audit, degree tracker and NCAA modules.
35% of Time the Registration Director
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Registration Director
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.