Job Standard for Registration Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Registration Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75377
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Registrar & Records
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the main customer service unit, supervision of staff, oversight for the residency process (and appeals) and registration/other problem-solving. As well, this position provides leadership in the continued development of our student-centered customer service model.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in providing quality customer service
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work in an automated environment
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft and an imaging system preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to understand and follow federal and state aid guidelines
- Supervisory experience
60% of Time the Registration Manager must:
- Counsel and advise students, faculty and staff regarding registration issues, the residency process and university policy, using a high level of independent judgment.
- Provide leadership in the ongoing development of our student-centered service delivery model
- Interpret and apply university policy
- Collaborate with other enrollment service departments and provide leadership to support consistency in our student-centered service model.
- Hire, train and directly supervise all Customer Service Representatives.
- Coordinate all work schedules to ensure adequate coverage to meet cycle of demand
- Manage records maintenance and clean-up as requested by the systems team
- Participating as a Registrar’s team member includes weekly supervisors’ meetings, all staff meetings, assessment activities, annual planning and annual report writing activities.
- Educate campus regarding the residency process.
- Remain current in knowledge and understanding of federal regulations, U.S. code, U.S. Department of Education guidance, state of Idaho regulations. Specific examples include: FERPA (Family Rights and Privacy Act); Idaho Residency statutes; State Board of Education policies.
- Develop and conduct presentations in a variety of formats and settings.
35% of Time the Registration Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Registration Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Registration Assistant Director
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.