Job Standard for Research Administration Coordinator, Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Research Administration Coordinator, Associate Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code:75826
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Research Administration
Provide pre-award technical and administrative coordination associated with proposal submissions and pre-award functions.
Experienced professionals able to apply knowledge of federal, state and University policies and procedures in grant funded University research environments, providing data collection and reporting of progress and expenses, including payroll, in a regulated and time sensitive reporting.
Bachelor’s Degree or relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects.
- Excellent customer service to faculty members, administrators and staff.
60% of Time the Research Administration Coordinator, Associate must:
- Assist with daily activities including budget development, budget justifications, preparing current and pending reports, and finalizing post-submission proposal documentation.
- Assist with preparation of budget modifications to grants and contracts, revision of proposal budgets, changes in principal investigator, continuations, and supplemental funding requests.
- Review for compliance with sponsor guidelines and University policies and procedures.
- Data-entry and uploads of proposal documents and budgets into deadline-driven application packages and online portals.
35% of Time the Research Administration Coordinator, Associate
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Research Administration Coordinator, Associate
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Research Administration Coordinator, Associate
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.