Job Standard for Sponsored Project Administrator, Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Sponsored Project Administrator, Associate Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75307
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Research Administration
Post-award administration, including review and application of research rules and regulations and fiscal management on behalf of researchers, to sponsors and members of the University’s research community and the public.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to assist in data collection tasks and report to a variety of end users using a variety of information systems
- Ability to read and understand award terms and assist in compliance monitoring.
60% of Time the Sponsored Project Administrator, Associate must:
- Provide fiscal management services to faculty and staff and collaborate with key personnel to ensure comprehensive oversight of each sponsored project
- Analyze costs for compliance with federal cost principles and reconcile the University’s financial ledger with sponsored project budgets and expenditures.
- Create and submit fiscal reports as required by the sponsoring agency.
- Read, interpret and apply federal, state and university policies and procedures to application for and utilization of grant funds to ensure compliance in a highly regulated work environment.
- Review and understand award terms and conditions.
- Assist in the review of sponsored project activity for discrepancies and errors; assess issues as they arise and apply guidance provided by regulations that govern sponsored project management.
35% of Time the Sponsored Project Administrator, Associate
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Sponsored Project Administrator, Associate
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Sponsored Project Administrator, Associate
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.