Job Standard for Research Administrator, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Research Administrator, Senior Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75313
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Research Administration
Ensure proper and efficient business operation by overseeing the daily operations of the administrative office, the associated staff members, and all of the associated projects that together constitute the programs of the department.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively problem solve and diffuse tense situations
- Understanding of grant proposal process, regulatory compliance issues, and knowledge of research, research infrastructure, Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in the use of specific software used in the preparation of grant proposal
- Good knowledge of office staff management and support functions
60% of Time the Research Administrator, Senior must:
- Project management of annual grant writing workshops
- Project management of new grant proposal development and submission
- Project management of recharge proposals to Boise State University
- Ensure regulatory compliance of all participating researchers and students working on externally funded projects
- Regulatory compliance review of externally funded programs
- Ensure future growth and sustainability by providing project management skills for proposal development by multidisciplinary teams of researchers, research staff, and educators.
35% of Time the Research Administrator, Senior
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Research Administrator, Senior
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Research Administrator, Senior
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.