Job Standard for Research Compliance Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Research Compliance Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75161
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Research
- Function: Research Support
Provide research compliance program administration by interpreting and applying research compliance rules and regulations for the university and its community, research sponsors, and regulatory entities.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined
guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of federal regulations.
- Ability to interpret rules, regulations, and policies for use in programs and processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the University community, other universities, federal agencies, and sponsors
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information.
60% of Time the Research Compliance Coordinator must:
- Perform administrative reviews and preliminary reviews of activities for the compliance committee review process.
- Lead development of written programs, procedures, and guidance pertaining to research.
- Conduct lab safety consultations to ensure activities will be using sufficient facilities, engineering controls, administrative controls, and personal protective equipment
- Maintain the research compliance website, forms and applications to ensure the University is following the most recent regulations for federal, state and institutional policies and procedures.
- Conduct presentations on research safety and compliance requirements.
35% of Time the Research Compliance Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Research Compliance Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Some travel may be required
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.