Job Standard for Residential Education, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Residential Education, Senior Manager Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75349
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Housing
Responsible for shaping the environment and experiences for students living in the residence halls, this role oversees services and programs which focus on learning outcomes connected to academic success, effective community engagement, intrapersonal development and cultural competency.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 5 years experience including 1 managerial
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- General knowledge of the personal and social problems typically encountered by college students
- Working knowledge of managerial techniques
60% of Time the Residential Education, Senior Manager must:
- Administration of daily operations and community development within the area
- Assist with interpretation and implementation of Residential Life, Housing, Dining, Conference Services, and University policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain relationships with campus units, liaisons and resources.
- Participate in departmental and cabinet-wide training and development activities
- Play an active role in the development of student staff.
- Coordinate systems and responses related to student behavior
- Receive and review disciplinary procedures and reports for clarity and specific policy interpretation
- Consult and collaborate with other University units related to student behavior as appropriate
- Ensure that safety and security procedures are established and maintained
35% of Time the Residential Education, Senior Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Residential Education, Senior Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Residential Education Coordinator
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.