Job Standard for Risk Management Analyst
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Risk Management Analyst Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75204
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Risk Management
Assist the Risk Manager in the administration of University risk management and insurance programs and processes. Provide supervisory and consultative services on risk management issues; perform related work.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Knowledge of supervisory practices, ability to lead a team
- Experience in risk and insurance practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
60% of Time the Risk Management, Analyst must:
- Train, assign tasks, monitor workload and supervise the activities of the Risk Management and Insurance employee(s) and other staff
- Supervise, monitor and control University property, liability and worker’s compensation claims and insurance related activities
- Well versed in insurance knowledge, some law, business practices, contracts, claim handling practices and safety and loss control methods.
- Coordinate the training of University supervisors/line managers and employees on their responsibilities in the Worker’s Compensation (W.C.) claims process.
- Supervise and assist in the University’s insurance renewal process
35% of Time the Risk Management Analyst
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Risk Management Analyst
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Risk Management Analyst
Risk Management Services, Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.