Job Standard for Risk Management Services, Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Risk Management Services, Manager Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75220
- Pay Grade: P12
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Assistant Director
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Risk Management
Supervise and manage all University Property & Casualty and Workers Compensation insurance programs, including claims and Certificates of Insurance.
Manages a large team typically consisting of both experienced professionals and subordinate Managers. Focuses on tactical and operational plans with short to mid term focus; significant responsibility to achieve broadly stated goals through subordinate Managers. Determines objectives, directs programs, develops strategies and policies, manages human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a high degree of autonomy. Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead a project or program teams in one dept/job family. Proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Determines campus strategies for a program with campus wide impact.
Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years experience or equivalent including 3 years managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to partner and build relationships with on-campus and off-campus constituents
- Knowledge of Idaho laws and statutes
- Ability to participate and lead committees as a problem solver through effective communication and listening skills
- Experience leading a team, mentoring and coaching staff
60% of Time the Risk Management Services, Manager must:
- Conduct University Risk Assessments for events and activities for all departments/colleges on campus
- Contract review and analysis with General counsel
- Serve on Risk and Safety Committees
- Oversee all facets of the daily operations of the organizational unit, ensuring compliance with University, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations
- Reviews on-going campus needs for insurance and coordinates economic acquisition and provisions of insurance; makes recommendations and participates in the planning and provision of new insurance services.
- Assists with the development and management of annual operating budgets for the unit
- Oversee the tracking and maintenance of accurate data on certificates of insurance, property and vehicle inventories and valuations for insurance purposes and makes changes or recommendations for changes as needed
35% of Time the Risk Management Services, Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Risk Management Services, Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Risk Management Services, Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.