Job Standard for Security Operations Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click ‘download to Word’.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
Security Operations Manager Overview
- Person Group: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75469
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Safety/Security
- Function: Safety/Security Services
To manage the event security program for campus. Assist with emergency and non-emergency events, including but not limited to, event security budget, administration, personnel, information systems, general office management, training, and policy development.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, plus 5 years experience including 1 year management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of the National Incident Management System and Incident Command System principles and concepts.
- Currently certified in First Aid/CPR/AED (or ability to obtain)
- Experience training others in security related topics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with strong analytical skills
- Strong leadership and management skills, ability to manage conflict
- Ability to collaborate with faculty, staff, students, and other various personnel/agencies
- Ability to respond appropriately and in a timely manner to emergency situations
- Ability to create and manage budgets, create report and present findings
- Ability to supervise, evaluate, educate and train others
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential matters and information
60 % of Time Event Security Operations Manager will:
- Monitors work activities to ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Makes recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards, policies, and procedures
- Manages the program, includes the hiring, positive recognition, discipline, and termination.
- Manages employees’ scheduling, work assignments, communication, and personnel development; and evaluates employee performance, gives regular feedback, and conducts annual performance reviews
- Develops and maintains the training program. Oversees the budget, maintenance, procurement, and inventory control
- Coordinates with the internal and external partners/departments to schedule officers for on-campus events
- Responds to campus during emergency events
- Ensures customer service for the entire department and campus community
35% of Time Event Security Operations Manager:
Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Event Security Operations Manager:
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Travel may be required
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.