Job Standard for Service Learning Program, Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Service Learning Program, Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75077
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
This position will manage a comprehensive program to enhance the academic achievement and personal development of the diverse population of Boise State University student athletes.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to think analytically with close attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Action oriented
60% of Time the Service Learning Program, Manager must:
- Work with Academic Advisors, Coaches, SAAC, and support staff to create, oversee, evaluate and expand programs which promote and encourage student athlete growth in academics, athletics, personal development, career planning and service in the community.
- Oversee all student athlete appearances (community service, speaking engagements, etc).
- Work with Tutor Coordinator for academic tutoring program including staff and budget. Recruit, train, evaluate and retain academic mentors.
- Coordinate Career Development programs. Design, implement and evaluate events focused on career development throughout the four years of the student athlete’s eligibility.
- Oversee Degree Completion program for student athletes that have exhausted eligibility and Medical Hardship program for student athletes who are medically disqualified.
- Serve as an academic advisor to student athletes in 2 sports and academically at risk.
- Conduct active outreach to engage students who may be reluctant to utilize campus resources.
- Communicate with coaches and track the admissions status, assessment and preregistration of all new student athletes.
35% of Time the Service Learning Program, Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Service Learning Program, Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.