Job Standard for Simulation Center, Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Simulation Center, Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75043
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Instructional Services
This position is responsible for coordinating operational aspects of the College of Health Sciences (COHS) Simulation Center and provides staff management and expertise in simulation operations.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives
Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of faculty, staff and community members
- Detail oriented and articulate
- Ability to think critically, identify challenges, and take action to resolve issues in a fast paced environment
60% of Time the Simulation Center, Manager must:
- Supervises, develops and evaluates simulation center staff.
- Continually works to refine processes to create an environment that supports teaching and learning, and assures smooth daily operations.
- Develops and implements workflow processes for the simulation program.
- Conducts budget forecasting and tracking of expenditures with oversight by administration.
- Maintains current knowledge of cutting edge simulation methodologies and technologies and shares these practices.
- Responsible for the Standardized Patient Program to include the preparation of script materials, orientation planning, and other onsite preparations.
- Provide tours of simulation center to educators, donors, potential students/families, and the community.
- Oversees technology and purchasing of equipment, and capital purchasing, used in the simulation program.
35% of Time the Simulation Center, Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Simulation Center, Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Simulation Center, Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.