Job Standard for Site Coordinator, Senior, School of Social Work (SoSW)
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Site Coordinator, Senior, SoSW Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75708
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Instructional Services
The field coordinator position assists the field director with overseeing the educational programs for the School of Social Work, which includes the online program. This position also teaches field seminars and serves as a field liaison with the students assigned to the seminars.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working with students in field setting
- Thorough knowledge of the social work profession including social work ethic
- Knowledge of Council of Social Work Education EPAS standards
- Knowledge of database entry and documentation
- Ability to use computer software: Excel, Word, Intern Placement Tracking (IPT)
- Requires extensive use of online programs and comfort with virtual relationships
- Experience using Blackboard
- Experience collaborating via online video
- Licensed Master Social Worker; or, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Masters plus 3 yrs of professional experience
- Knowledge of online delivery of social work education
- Knowledge of online E-relationships and how to foster student relationships via online delivery
- Experience training students and field instructors
60% of Time the Site Coordinator, Senior, SoSW must:
- Assist with recruitment and screening of agencies for internships.
- Assist with training of field instructors.
- Secure approval for agency/school agreements.
- Oversee planning guides, learning agreements, and performance evaluations of students.
- Evaluate the quality of agency practicum placements.
- Develop social work internship, field practicum placements.
- Assist with coordinating/arranging or assisting in the development of off-site field instruction when no qualified field instructor is available in the field placing agency.
- Provide ongoing recruitment and training regarding field placement policies and requirements for practicum field instructors.
- Develop and monitor practicum placements with ongoing assessment of agencies, field instructors, and student learning contracts in conjunction with Faculty Field liaisons.
- Advise, counsel and engage in problem-solving with faculty liaisons and/or students regarding field issues and challenges.
- Teach two sections of online and/or face-to-face integrative seminars as part of faculty liaison role to field agency practicum during each semester it is offered (Spring, Summer, Fall).
35% of Time the Site Coordinator, Senior, SoSW
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Site Coordinator, Senior, SoSW
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Site Coordinator, Senior, SoSW
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.