Job Standard for Social Worker
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Social Worker Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75389
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Student Activities & Services
Provide client-centered support services, valuable educational opportunities, quality supervision of peer educators, and strong leadership on relevant campus and community committees.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and for career counseling and guidance.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
60% of Time the Social Worker must:
- Maintain case history records and prepare reports.
- Interview clients individually, in families, or in groups, assessing their situations, capabilities, and problems to determine what services are required to meet their needs.
- Serve as liaisons between students, homes, schools, family services, child guidance clinics, courts, protective services, doctors, and other contacts.
- Develop and review service plans in consultation with clients and perform follow-ups assessing the quantity and quality of services provided.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates University-wide programs that focus primarily on awareness, prevention, intervention, and risk reduction of stalking, sexual assault, and relationship violence.
- Provides administrative direction, leadership and daily supervision of violence prevention and support program and other similar direct services
- Provides direct crisis intervention and advocacy services to students. Provides consultation to faculty or staff responding to students in crisis.
- Implements and facilitates University-wide training for front-line service providers
- Maintains on-going relationships with on and off campus agencies to increase effectiveness and coordination of services
35% of Time the Social Worker
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Social Worker
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.