Job Standard for Space Planning Analyst
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Space Planning Analyst Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75750
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Campus Planning & Facilities
- Function: Engineering & Architecture
To support the Senior Space Planner with the management of space on campus. Working closely with the supervisor and CPF staff, this position assists with the preparation of strategic space plans, works with the space inventory program to prepare reports on space usage, creates and implements space policies, responds to space requests, provides space studies and analyses and works closely with AES design staff to ensure compliance with campus design standards.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees. Typically hold a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Compile, analyze and create computer models of data
- Read and understand architectural drawings, building plans, etc
- Create architectural drawings and plans by sketching and the use of computer-aided drafting software (such as AutoCAD).
- Synthesize solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrate experience with Word, Excel and Power Point
- Possess oral and written communication, presentation, analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrate negotiation and mediation skills
- Possess experience with data entry and reporting from a space inventory management system (such as Archibus)
60% of Time the Space Planning Analyst must:
- This position assists with the management and distribution of an annual space audit and conducts field and site inspections to confirm the utilization and occupation of space on campus.
- Supports the space planning and analysis mission of the Capital Planning and Space Management Division. Conducts space use analyses, studies for office reconfiguration and feasibility studies
- Responsible for the input and verification of data into the space inventory data program and assists in preparation of annual and ad-hoc space reports as requested. Assists with management and distribution of the annual space audit
- Works closely with designers, planners, research staff and architects as needed to insure successful space plans for remodels and new construction. Participates on project teams as assigned.
- Assists as needed in supporting office moves and other logistical aspects of space plan execution.
- Contributes to long and medium-range development plans for campus facilities to ensure that appropriate facilities are planned to accomplish the needs of the University
- Assists with the preparation of agendas and presentations for the Executive Space Planning (ESP) and Space Planning Advisory (SPA) Committees
35% of Time the Space Planning Analyst
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Space Planning Analyst
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Space Planning Analyst
Space Planning Analyst, Senior
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.