Job Standard for Sponsorship & Corporate Support Manager, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Sponsorship & Corporate Support Manager, Senior Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75570
- Pay Grade: P10
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: External Affairs
- Function: Development
Responsible for developing and executing a campus sponsorship programs, and procure underwriting support for university programs.. Develop relationships with corporate and public entities to secure long term and event-based sponsorship agreements.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures. May manage experience professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments, spending the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5 years professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good communication skills, including diplomacy, writing correspondence, and oral presentations to individuals and groups
- Ability to negotiate agreements
- Understanding of budgets and financial reporting
- Understanding of demographic and psychographic make-up of audience
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to anticipate problems before they arise.
60% of Time the Sponsorship & Corporate Support Manager, Senior must:
- Develop a sponsorship strategy/program to maximize sponsorship opportunities for the campus
- Work with departments and colleges to ascertain their needs and develop sponsorship opportunities
- Develop creative, sell-able inventory to introduce to the marketplace
- Solicitation of diverse individuals, businesses and corporations on behalf of Boise State University in accordance with the larger fundraising goals of the university.
- Manage sponsorship accounts receivables, promptly resolve past due accounts
- Generate revenue through a high volume of sponsorship activity
- Supervises all related fiscal operations to ensure the practice of sound business techniques
- Develop creative, sellable inventory to introduce to the marketplace
- Negotiate and execute sponsorship agreements; develop tracking system to manage agreements
35% of Time the Sponsorship & Corporate Support Manager, Senior
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Sponsorship & Corporate Support Manager, Senior
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Sponsorship & Corporate Support Manager, Senior
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.