Job Standard for Sports Info Coordinator, Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#.
Sports Info Coordinator, Associate Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75159
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: General Communications
Responsible for sports-related information and communication in web, broadcast media, print, and publications for all sports; serving as liaison with head coaches, sponsor representatives, alumni, community outreach, and print/media communications with the Athletic Department.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to multitask, work effectively, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in writing recaps, features, previews/reviews
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
60% of Time the Sports Info Coordinator, Associate must:
- Facilitate the gathering, reporting, and archiving of statistics for athletic teams
- Maintain athletic website for the department with current rosters, schedules, results, statistics, game recaps, and sponsor advertising
- Develop, catalog, and store a comprehensive photography library for all sports
- Work with operations staff to fulfill home event sponsor and advertiser recognition commitments
- Maintain current and prospect ticket mailing lists
- Market summer camps in all sports
- Represent the university at necessary community functions
35% of Time the Sports Info Coordinator, Associate
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Sports Info Coordinator, Associate
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Sports Info Coordinator, Associate
Sports Info Coordinator
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.