Job Standard for Sports Info Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#.
Sports Info Coordinator Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75158
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: General Communications
Serves as the primary media relations contact for assigned sports and provides support to other members of the sports information staff when needed and oversees the department’s Creative Services group.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 2 years experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding and experience of media operations and deadlines
- Problem solving skills involving groups and/or events
- Experience regarding internal workings of website design
- Basic knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues
- Knowledge and experience of journalism or media/public relations
60% of Time the Sports Info Coordinator must:
- Write and publish weekly press releases, media guides and game programs
- Organize and coordinate event management for assigned sports as well as assisting with other SID’s sports when needed
- Publish and update game results, game stories, statistics and general information on the web in relation to assigned sports as well as making sure the website is up to date with information about Boise State teams, coaches, student-athletes and other activities in the athletic department
- Coordinate interviews, correspondence and media relations with media outlets, opponents, and conference office in relation to assigned sports
- Social media management for assigned sports
- Oversee and supervise independent contractors and part-time staff working events
- Responsible for filling positions for each home event and paying workers and graduate assistants
35% of Time the Sports Info Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Sports Info Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Sports Info Coordinator
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.