Job Standard for Sports Video Production Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Sports Video Production Coordinator Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75066
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: Broadcasting
This position will be responsible for the post-production of video and multimedia services providing external focused content. The person is responsible for creative content focused on social media for recruiting, branding, and revenue generating purposes related to Boise State Athletics.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of various post-production software, edit styles, music and how to use them to promote, inspire, motivate and educate the team, staff and the general public with those videos. Non-Linear editing experience with Adobe Premiere, and Adobe After Effects is critical.
- A knowledge of computer/server components, both internal and external, and how they work in a controlled network setting.
- Knowledge of professional camera equipment and how to use them for post-production highlights.
- Ability to work on a broadcast truck in a variety of positions, from director/producer to replay and camera operation.
- Understand specific software used for the purpose of filming, digitizing, editing and overall manipulation of both practice and game film for the purpose of coaches’ study.
- This position shall have a knowledge and understanding of all NCAA and conference rules and regulations regarding compliance issues and film trade.
- Strong people skills in order to staff, organize and train the workforce to communicate and work as an effective team during practice and games with an emphasis on being proper ambassadors both home and away from the university.
60% of Time the Sports Video Production Coordinator must:
- Oversee, create, edit, and direct post production highlight videos, behind the scenes video segments, along with scripts and copy for use in promoting the Boise State Athletics brand on social media and other platforms.
- Manage production shoots to include proper lighting, sound and interview techniques.
- Manage production shoots, including digital media for distribution of content in various formats for broadcast, web and mobile platforms experience utilizing both cinematic camcorders and shoulder mount ENG cameras for highlight shooting, storytelling shots general content gathering.
- Work with Bronco Sports Properties to integrate sponsor elements within social media campaigns.
- Create video initiatives that assist in recruiting fans and players to follow any and all athletic social media content that is produced.
- Assist with live streaming on the MWN and in-venue video board production.
35% of Time the Sports Video Production Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Sports Video Production Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Position is required to travel with the sports teams to away competitions.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.