Job Standard for Sports Video Production Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Sports Video Production Manager Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75022
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: Broadcasting
This position will be responsible for the overseeing video post-production needs of the external department within athletics across all varsity sports, and supporting areas. This position will manage and oversee digital content creation for the purposes of revenue generation and overall marketing of the department.
Responsible for being the primary contact for any post production needs of our Olympic sports teams, they will have game management responsibilities, attend sporting events and schedule videographers for every event, helping shape the direction of social media content. This position will also ensure that cinematic highlights will be archived and labeled appropriately. This position will require strong technological and innovative abilities, as this position will be responsible for a significant amount of branding and digital content to help promote Boise State Athletics. This position will be in charge production shoots, including intro videos and specialty features. This position will also help hire and manage student workers and graduate assistants, to help raise the level of overall scope and consistency of our
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to temp workers and support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of various post production shooting and editing techniques, including extensive knowledge in cinematic/DSLR cameras, Adobe Creative Suite, Lighting and other industry standard post production equipment.
- A knowledge of computer/server components, both internal and external, and how they work in a controlled network setting.
- A strong knowledge of every aspect of post-production and content generation, including roles and responsibilities of the External Department as a whole.
- Knowledge in content calendar creation, and ability to keep up with social media trends.
- Ability to work on a broadcast truck in a variety of positions, from director/producer to replay and camera operation.
- Understand specific software used for the purpose of filming, digitizing, editing and overall manipulation of both practice and game film for the purpose digital content distribution.
60% of Time the Sports Video Production Manager must:
- Creative Director/Producer for all digital content/post-production.
- Assist in supervision of staff to oversee completion of all content by office.
- Oversee social media presence and content generation determine with all coaching staffs.
- Work with marketing staff to help produce ‘hype’ style videos, along with intro videos and all forms of digital content and branding.
- Manage team in archiving of cinematic footage through proper labeling.
- Manage relationships with Bronco Sports Properties to integrate sponsor elements within our social media platforms.
- Oversee production setups for ‘specialty shoots’ with proper lighting technique for the purpose of hype/intro videos.
- Establish a content calendar and work schedule to ensure all social media outlets are properly covered, to tell the story of our athletes and our department.
● Create video initiatives that assist in recruiting fans and players to follow any and all athletic social media content that is produced.
35% of Time the Sports Video Production Manager
- This position shall have a knowledge and understanding of all NCAA and conference rules and regulations regarding compliance issues and film trade.
5% of Time the Sports Video Production Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Position is required to travel with the sports team to away competitions as necessary.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.