Job Standard for Storekeeper
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
- Person Group: Classified
- Job Code: 01546
- Pay Grade: H
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Level 2
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Bookstore/Retail
To procure, store, and issue supplies in a supply operation; process and maintain inventory records; modify and implement inventory control and disposal procedures; perform related work.
Applies skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area of specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision.
Some knowledge of: safety procedures for handling hazardous materials.
Experience: storing, issuing, shipping and receiving materials and supplies; applying purchasing procedures; applying inventory control methods; operating material handling equipment; entering and retrieving data using a computerized records system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of electronic parts to procure, store and issue electronic inventory and supplies. Knowledge of low vision equipment for the blind and visually impaired.
- Experience issuing and receiving materials in a manufacturing environment; possessing a Class A Commercial Driver’s license; automotive and/or heavy equipment parts supply including use of parts books and equipment manuals, reading and understanding schematics on engines and other replacement parts, performing cross-references on filters and other various parts, and knowledge of hydraulic systems; some experience with Oracle Inventory Systems.
60% of Time the Storekeeper must:
- Obtains telephone quotes; selects supply sources and makes purchases within purchasing authority; prepares specifications for material and products; obtains specific product or equipment requirements from users; locates and picks up supplies from local vendors; issues supplies and fills requisitions; prepares and processes specifications, purchase orders, and requisitions; may maintain petty cash funds; answers phones, greets and provides information to visitors; may prepare routine correspondence regarding back orders or other shipping and supply problems; makes arrangements for incoming shipments.
- Maintains inventory records by adding or deleting items as they are issued or received; verifies, updates, and reconciles inventory information; performs physical inventory of warehouse and supply yard and reconciles records; determines proper floor and shelf location for supplies; insures hazardous materials are stored safely; receives and unload freight; tags supplies and stocks shelves; delivers supplies to work areas; may supervise staff; may measure and mix chemicals and redistribute supplies; may coordinate the sale or auction of surplus property; may interpret Federal General Services Administration directives to state agencies.
35% of Time the Storekeeper
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Storekeeper
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position involves lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds and may involve inclement weather working conditions. Some positions may require a valid driver’s license or a commercial driver’s license. Some positions may require moving and transporting hazardous materials.
Not applicable for Storekeeper
Surplus Property Screener, Retail Assistant Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.