Job Standard for Student Activities and Services, Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Student Activities & Services, Director Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75394
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Director
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Student Activities & Services
Responsible for collaborating with Idaho’s employers to evaluate needs and deliver relevant academic programs that improve recruitment, retention, and other defined outcomes for partnering businesses.
Manages a program, regardless of size, that has critical impact upon the campus. Significant responsibility for formulating and administering policies and programs, manages significant human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a very high degree of autonomy. Frequently influences business decisions made by senior leadership. Oversees through subordinate Managers the accountability and stewardship of campus resources and the development of systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Negotiates and influences others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years experience or equivalent including 5 years managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in an institution of Higher Education
- Experience with corporate and community recruitment
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to the position
- Candidates must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
60% of Time the Student Activities & Services, Director must:
- Directs the community and corporate outreach efforts for the division
- Develop, direct, and conduct active and regular corporate outreach activities throughout the Treasure Valley and beyond as needed
- Develop proposals and budgets and negotiate agreements for department related academic corporate partnerships
- Coordinate with appropriate academic departments to ensure capacity and schedules in support of department related offerings and agreements
- Develop annual budget reports and participate in monthly budget oversight activities
- Serve as a representative on relevant campus-wide or community committees, councils, and boards.
- Coordinate any required SBOE approvals for corporate partnership agreements
- Actively participate in the development of a standardized outreach and client tracking process (i.e. Salesforce or similar) to be used and shared by/with each of the entities listed above
- Supervises trains, evaluates and provides development for professional, paraprofessional and student staff
35% of Time the Student Activities & Services, Director
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Student Activities & Services, Director
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.