Job Standard for Student Activities and Services, Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Student Activities & Services, Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75395
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Student Activities & Services
Responsible for the development, facilitation, and maintenance of a comprehensive campus activities program.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Application of College Student Development Theory
- Curriculum Development
- Experience event planning
- College Student Advising (theory based)
- Experience strategic planning / strategic management
60% of Time the Student Activities & Services, Manager must:
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of civic-engagement programming, specifically an alternative break service trip program with domestic, international, and local service experiences.
- Oversee logistics, planning and implementation of marketing and messaging initiatives for the department.
- Provide direct supervision
- Responsible for the development, facilitation, and maintenance of a comprehensive campus activities program. Oversees coordination of large-scale, campus-wide programs, such as Bronco Welcome and serves as department liaison on campus committees for other signature events, such as Parent and Family Weekend.
- Direct training, development and services for student employment experience for the department.
- Serve within the leadership role in the department, informing strategic decision-making, planning, and staff development activities.
35% of Time the Student Activities & Services, Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Student Activities & Services, Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Student Activities & Services, Senior Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.