Job Standard for Student Activities and Services, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Student Activities & Services, Senior Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75534
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Student Activities & Services
Responsible for overseeing the experience of students involved in clubs, fraternities, and sororities at the University, supervising staff who provide advising and direct support and programming to these organizations.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years experience or equivalent including 1 year of managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Application of College Student Development Theory
- Curriculum Development
- Experience with event planning
- College Student Advising (theory based)
- Experience with strategic planning / strategic management
60% of Time the Student Activities & Services, Senior Manager must:
- Directs training, development and services for more than 200 student clubs, fraternities, sororities, and their faculty/staff advisors.
- Serves as the “second in command” for the department, informing strategic decision-making, planning, assessment and evaluation activities.
- Provides direct supervision
- Oversees and manages coordination of large-scale, campus-wide programs, including Bronco Welcome, Campus Awards, and our department’s participation in Homecoming.
- Coordinates annual department assessment plan, working to ensure assessment methods for department programs and services are appropriately aligned with established outcomes.
35% of Time the Student Activities & Services, Senior Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Student Activities & Services, Senior Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Student Activities & Services, Director
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.