Job Standard for Student Activity Program Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Student Activity Program Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75387
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Student Activities & Services
Serves as the primary point of contact on all administrative matters for the Executive Director of Campus Services, supporting the Student Union, Business Office, and the Bookstore/Bronco Shop. Provides a variety of complex administrative tasks and project initiation..
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Emotional maturity and ability to work independently and effectively, apply good judgment, use discretion, resolve conflicts, articulate professionally in writing and in speech, be flexible and re-prioritize, at times under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build rapport with individuals at all levels, especially students
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills in the latest versions of Microsoft Office Products, Google Email and the capability to learn new software programs quickly.
60% of Time the Student Activity Program Coordinator must:
- Provide Administrative support to Directors and Managers of the Student Union, Bookstore/Broncotec, and Campus Services Business Office
- Coordinate all aspects of Human Resources for Campus Services
- Conduct recruitment and new hire paperwork for all Campus Services positions.
- Determine materials needed for meetings, gather and organize the materials, assure the materials get to the meeting
- Interpret policies to internal or external customers, or staff.
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate
- Manage workflow, communication, and documentation for the Executive Director
- Develop, coordinate, implement, and report on special projects as assigned by the Executive Director, Directors, and Managers
- Approve Travel & Expense, EAFs, Recruitment Order Forms, and Position Action Requests for all divisions reporting to the Executive Director.
35% of Time the Student Activity Program Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Student Activity Program Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.