Job Standard for Student Initiatives Coordinator, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Student Initiatives Coordinator, Senior Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75589
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
Provides coordination and implementation of projects and initiatives focused on transforming teaching and learning at Boise State University. This includes administering projects and initiatives funded internally by the university and seeking funding for and supporting externally funded projects.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or in group settings
- Knowledge of the processes and procedures of higher education
60% of Time the Student Initiatives Coordinator, Senior must:
- Create, implement, and assess initiatives intended to catalyze the transformation of instruction at Boise State with the goal of improving student learning and success.
- Organize and manage the workflow of all project-related activities.
- Collaborate with other campus units to prepare proposals for external funding to support teaching, learning, and instructional transformation at Boise State.
- Track and document project activities, plans, and initiatives.
- Author or coauthor academic manuscripts and conference presentations based on the work of the projects.
- Serve as liaison between project leadership teams, department chairs, and faculty/faculty teams.
- Provide oversight of planning and implementation support for events, workshops, seminars, and meetings associated with transformation
- Consult with project leadership teams on final decisions about the allocation of funds; communicate decisions to faculty and project partners.
35% of Time the Student Initiatives Coordinator, Senior
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Student Initiatives Coordinator, Senior
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.