Job Standard for Student Services, Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Student Services, Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75385
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Student Activities & Services
Focus on orientation programs for transfer and non-traditional students, orientation programs for families, access and retention for special populations and ongoing programming and education for students, while also supporting orientation programs for first-year populations.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to professionally represent Boise State University
- Ability to speak to large audiences. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skills in the recruitment and retention of a diverse staff and ability to create inclusive programs and work environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively develop publication materials (both print and electronic), manage office websites, intranet, online reservation system, all Microsoft Office programs, select Mac software, etc.
60% of Time the Student Services, Coordinator must:
- Create and implement curriculum for transfer and non-traditional student orientation, family orientation, Parent and Family Weekend and international student orientation and Long Distance Orientation
- Hire, train and supervise staff
- Partner with various campus departments, including facilities management, conference services, catering, and parking services to create a smooth event for all guests and campus partners
- Create and implement curriculum for student caller team and their outreach to prospective students
- Create, implement and analyze assessment for all the department’s programming
- Maintaining department website, managing WordPress forms as needed and serving as liaison to Student Affairs Marketing on all major marketing needs
35% of Time the Student Services, Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Student Services, Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.