Job Standard for Student Success Coach, Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Student Success Coach, Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75886
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Academic Advising/Student Support
The Student Success Coach, Manager is the leader of the team responsible for recruiting prospective students to online and adult-learner programs.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems based on prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong understanding of prospective online student communication needs.
- Experience managing success metrics in a sales or recruitment environment.
- Strong understanding of the student lifecycle for online and non-traditional students.
- Ability to successfully develop and maintain positive, collaborative, respect-based relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to conceptualize, organize, direct and successfully execute multiple project-planning processes simultaneously.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise and informative reports on progress toward goals, correspondence and other written materials.
- Create and manage process recruitment leads and track progression through the phases of the recruitment cycle.
- Ability to handle situations using sound, independent judgment within general policy and legal guidelines.
- Effective communications skills with conflict resolution ability.
- Knowledge of mentoring others and appropriate responses.
- Ability to identify gaps in success metric and advocate for process improvement resources as needed.
60% of Time the Student Success Coach, Manager must:
- Management duties include interviewing, selecting and training staff who recruit prospective students for online and adult-focused programs, as well as planning and directing their work; appraising their productivity and efficiency for the purpose of evaluating performance.
- Manage recruitment team to sales process and present weekly report to unit leadership on goal and stage conversion progress and applicable coaching strategies.
- Monitor weekly workflow completion and ensure that student outreach activities are producing desired outcomes.
- Track, measure, and evaluate results to continuously improve communication plans and team processes.
- In collaboration with unit leadership, provide ongoing sales training with the student recruitment team and consistently evaluate coach adherence to identified best practices in sales communication.
- Present reports to unit leadership, identifying gaps in goal progress throughout the recruitment cycle. Collaborate with both the unit leadership and individual staff on areas of opportunity in the outreach process or pivot strategies.
- Train recruitment team on academic support services available to students; effectively communicate university policies and procedures to staff; ensure that staff understand and can articulate university policies and procedures to students.
- Handle staff complaints and grievances and take corrective action when necessary.
- Coordinate all work schedules to ensure adequate coverage to meet cycle of demand; collaborate with other supervisors to share projects based on priority; advocate for team member needs and identify skills or training gaps. Assist in coordinating relevant training for staff members.
- Collaborate with leadership marketing team; lead team in creating, implementing and continually improving application processes graduate programs.
35% of Time the Student Success Coach, Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Student Success Coach, Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Student Success Coach, Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.