Job Standard for Talent Acquisition Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Talent Acquisition Associate Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75878
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Human Resources
- Function: Talent Acquisition
The Talent Acquisition Associate will provide high quality professional human resource services to customers: department recruitment coordinators, hiring managers, search committee members and candidates during the recruitment and hiring process; supporting and performing components of the employee job offer and onboarding process; advising managers, supervisors, colleagues and employees regarding human resource best practices, policies, and procedures
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self-development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written, verbal communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of human resource recruitment and employment practices
- Ability to interpret and apply employment laws, rules, regulations and policies
60% of Time the Talent Acquisition Associate must:
- Manage and administer the entire recruitment and hiring process for Classified, Professional, and Faculty positions including but not limited to: understanding campus staffing and organizational needs; collaborating, researching and developing exam and interview questions; ensuring compliance on all applicant analysis; counseling and advising on best practices for hiring.
- Assist in promoting the brand reputation for Boise State through the recruiting process.
- Participates in the development and deployment of recruitment events. Attends events. Assists in the evaluation of outcomes from the events and measuring return on investment.
- Provide input on the development and enhancement of HR systems, procedures and other HRS initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with employment laws, Affirmative Action Plan, and Boise State University policies and procedures, State of Idaho Division of Human Resources rules and related state statutes, State Board of Education policies, Federal regulations relating to employment including FLSA, EEO, Affirmative Action, FCRA, etc.
- Participate in or facilitate special projects.
35% of Time the Talent Acquisition Associate
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Talent Acquisition Associate
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position is generally in a normal indoor office setting with minimal noise levels and may involve bending, moving, lifting, and carrying materials that weigh up to15 pounds.
Not applicable for Talent Acquisition Associate
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and /or skills required. This job description is not an employment agreement and /or an expressed or implied contract. Management has the right to alter this job description at any time without notice.