Job Standard for Talent Acquisition Specialist, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Talent Acquisition Specialist, Senior Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75296
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Human Resources
- Function: Talent Acquisition
This position provides a broad range of professional talent acquisition activities, including but not limited to: administering recruiting, hiring and classification programs, advising managers, supervisors, and employees regarding human resource practices, policies, and procedures. Works with a great deal of independent discretion in decision making and execution of responsibilities.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of relevant experience, or equivalent progressively responsible professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quality experience with human resource compensation and employment practices
- Ability to interpret and apply employment laws, rules, regulations and policies
- Ability to coach/advise employees and management through sensitive HR issues to resolve conflict and seek workable solutions; conduct individual and/or group facilitation to foster effective communication and talent & leadership effectiveness integrated solutions.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices
- Skilled at developing and leveraging consultative recruitment strategies
60% of Time the Talent Acquisition Specialist, Senior must:
- Manage and administer the entire recruitment and classification process for Classified, Professional, and Faculty positions including but not limited to: understanding campus staffing and organizational needs; collaborating, researching and developing exam and interview questions; ensuring compliance on all applicant analysis; counseling and advising in the areas of staff classification and compensation, including equity and EEO/AA considerations; reviewing and analyzing job descriptions to determine classification and FLSA (Fair Labor Standard Act) status; and recommending job families and competitive pay grade and pay range placement for positions based on the prevailing market compensation benchmarks.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management, and various agencies at all levels of the organization
- Respond to campus requests and recommend talent & leadership effectiveness integrated solutions. Develop innovative, creative, and proactive strategies to attract high quality candidates and effectively build and engage with talent communities through social media outlets. Provide input on departmental reorganizations and associated position and employment related changes.
- Ensure internal/external understanding of overall business unit strategies and priorities. Develops and conducts training for employment, recruitment and talent acquisition practices for campus and internal human resources.
- May supervise others and act as lead as needed
- Provides strategic consultation to identify diversity needs and provide sources for recruiting diverse candidates.
35% of Time the Talent Acquisition Specialist, Senior
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Talent Acquisition Specialist, Senior
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Talent Acquisition Specialist, Senior
Talent Acquisition Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.