Job Standard for Talent Acquisition Specialist
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Talent Acquisition Specialist Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75765
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Human Resources
- Function: Talent Acquisition
This position is responsible for administering recruiting, hiring and classification programs, support multiple aspects of talent management, and advise managers, supervisors, and employees regarding human resource practices, policies, and procedures.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of human resource compensation and employment practices
- Experience developing new classification and writing job descriptions
- Ability to interpret and apply employment laws, rules, regulations and policies
60% of Time the Talent Acquisition Specialist must:
- Manage and administer the entire recruitment and classification process for Classified, Professional, and Faculty positions including but not limited to: understanding campus staffing and organizational needs; collaborating, researching and developing exam and interview questions; ensuring compliance on all applicant analysis; counseling and advising in the areas of staff classification and compensation, including equity and EEO/AA considerations; reviewing and analyzing job descriptions to determine classification and FLSA (Fair Labor Standard Act) status; and recommending job families and competitive pay grade and pay range placement for positions based on the prevailing market compensation benchmarks.
- Participate in Job Fairs as a representative of Boise State University, address applicants’ questions, identify good fit for positions on campus, and connect applicants with campus departments.
- Respond to campus requests and recommend talent & leadership effectiveness integrated solutions. Develop innovative, creative, and proactive strategies to attract high quality candidates and effectively build and engage with talent communities through social media outlets. Ensure internal/external understanding of overall business unit strategies and priorities.Provide input on departmental reorganizations and associated position and employment related changes. Assist departments with job standard and description creation
- Contribute to and participate in ongoing proactive compensation review and analysis activities for the campus. Collaborate with other HR units on compensation analyses, maintenance of compensation program elements, and compensation surveys. Research recruiting, classification and compensation program best practices.
- Develop and prepare regular and ad hoc reports and metrics. Participate in or facilitate special projects.
35% of Time the Talent Acquisition Specialist
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Talent Acquisition Specialist
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Talent Acquisition Specialist
Talent Acquisition Specialist, Sr
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and /or skills required. This job description is not an employment agreement and /or an expressed or implied contract. Management has the right to alter this job description at any time without notice.