Job Standard for Teacher Professional Development Specialist
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Teacher Professional Development Specialist Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75442
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Instructional Services
Responsible for leading Boise State University’s outreach efforts in K-12 teacher professional development program. Duties include establishing relationships with school districts within Boise State’s service area, the State Department of Education, and academic departments on-campus to develop and deliver high quality, relevant, professional development programs for district employees, including teachers and staff.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience, plus 2 years experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience designing, delivering, and/or directly supporting graduate and/or professional development programs
- Experience conducting public outreach or sales
- Experience developing professional marketing materials including print and web
60% of Time the Teacher Professional Development Specialist must:
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships through regular contact and visits with the high school and district curriculum directors represented within Boise State University’s service area
- Coordinate with college graduate programs to regularly communicate with K-12 teachers about the graduate degree programs available through Boise State and recruit students for those graduate programs
- Coordinate curricular approvals for professional development credit
- Develop and implement an effective marketing, communications, and recruitment plan and promotional materials appropriate for the audience
- Serve as primary point of contact and customer service liaison for K-12 professional development instructors and course initiators
- Work with COED graduate case study coordinators to gather placement lists; contribute to data regarding alumni, survey stakeholders, etc. to assist needs assessments and program improvements.
- Develop and manage annual program budget of approximately $100,000
35% of Time the Teacher Professional Development Specialist
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Teacher Professional Development Specialist
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Teacher Professional Development Specialist
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.