Job Standard for TECenter, Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
TECenter, Director Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75192
- Pay Grade: P12
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Director
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Management Consulting
The position has management responsibility for delivery of consulting and training services in the SW Idaho region including management of the TECenter incubator in Nampa.
Oversees through subordinate Managers a large, complex organization with multiple functional disciplines/occupations, OR manages a program, regardless of size, that has critical impact upon the campus. Significant responsibility for formulating and administering policies and programs, manages significant human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a very high degree of autonomy. Frequently influences business decisions made by senior leadership. Oversees through subordinate Managers the accountability and stewardship of campus resources and the development of systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Negotiates and influences others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches
Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years experience or equivalent including 5 years managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively problem solve
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and motivate others
- The ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, partners, audiences, small businesses and elected officials.
- Consulting, problem solving, and computer literacy.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
60% of Time the TECenter, Director must:
- Create an environment for high productivity, teamwork, and satisfaction where employees understand expectations, are given routine feedback, and are engaged in strategy.
- Manage Idaho Small Business Development Center’s Region III delivery of consulting and training to assist small businesses in SW Idaho.
- Oversee the TECenter incubator in Nampa assuring that services meet client needs, goals are met, and the enterprise is financially sound.
- Evaluate the success of consulting and training to determine client satisfaction and impact of consulting.
- Engage economic development and business partners to leverage SBDC’s impact and to reduce duplicative programs.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all client information. Identify any potential conflict of interest in the region and resolves the issue with the client, other consultants, and the state director.
- Manage the hiring process for new employees and make the final decision on new hires
- Review training evaluations to determine effectiveness of training programs, quality of instructors and integration with consulting activities.
35% of Time the TECenter, Director
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the TECenter, Director
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Some travel may be required for TECenter, Director
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.