Job Standard for Teleproduction Specialist
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Teleproduction Specialist Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75793
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: Broadcasting
Collaborate and provide quick turn video and audio for social media and video storytelling. Provide long form, in-depth video and audio production and post-production pieces. Manage and maintain associated facilities, equipment and supplies and contribute to various digital media productions.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.on.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of digital formats and how to efficiently utilize each format
- Self starter who follows through on tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Good knowledge of: all aspects of video and audio production and post-production; DSLR cameras and lens combinations; Adobe Premier and Final Cut Pro editing software.
- Experience: linear and nonlinear editing; audio post-production; computer graphics; voice work and soundtrack creation; DVD authoring and duplication. Broadcast production; studio set-up and direction; field producti
60% of Time the Teleproduction Specialist must:
- Shoot and record field and studio audio/video as required by production
- Perform post-production work including editing, sound recording, dubbing and mixing other special effects
- Manage studio, control rooms, sound booths, field equipment storage room and associated equipment and accessories
- Coordinate scheduling of productions, including talent, equipment and technical crew and other resources as needed
35% of Time the Teleproduction Specialist
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Teleproduction Specialist
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Teleproduction Specialist
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.